Thursday, February 7, 2008

Whirlwind

This week has been a complete whirlwind. I have found out that my grandmother died and then went to the funeral. My emotions have been up and down because even though I was not close to her, she was my mom mom and I do have several good memories of her too. I will forever miss her ice tea and Christmas cookies. The way she taped her stick straight hair so that it would curl on the side of her face. Sticking to the red couch in the summer when I would wear shorts. Her taking care of us when my father was to drunk or stoned to remember that it was his weekend to have us. I imagine her so full of turmoil when it came down to the choices my father made her make. In the end she has chosen to see him through and to a better place and I know that with out her my father would have no shot at a life. I always thought that as they started to leave, I would feel a sense of relief because I was truly affected by them in my youth. However, I feel a sense of loss which is unexpected. I guess as they say, Blood is thicker than Water. She was my blood and with out her I would not be here today. Thank you Mom Mom Annis. I know you are truly in a better place now.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow, Brooke you are one strong woman! I admire you tons!