Friday, February 15, 2008

Preschool

We decided that we are going to put Turner in preschool next year. He was wait listed for several schools and got into Ashland for the 2 day a week program. We are very happy with that and loved the school when we visited. There are programs all the way up to Kindergarten, and a lot of options as he grows. We thought that we had it all planned out, until today when another one of our top choices (St. Paul's Lutheran) called and he got into one of the 3 day programs there. So now we need to decide what is going to be the best for Turner. He loves Sunday school and absolutely loves to show us what he learned. As I pass the classroom on Sunday mornings, he is sitting on the rug listening and contributing sooo well. I know that he is going to love school! Am I not jumping on the 3 day a week program because I want him with me, or is it because I think the 2 day a week is better for him? I really want to do what he is going to love and thrive from. I know in the grand scheme of things this decision is not that big of a deal, but being a parent really makes you evaluate all the time what is best for your children and family. How much I have changed in the past 3 years since I have had Turner!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

I was actually thinking about that very dilemma the other day in the car (a little early for Cal, but never too early to plan)! I think it would be hard to have her gone three days a week- but I don't know what I would do. Good luck with your decision!