Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Strange

I just found out that my grandmother died on Saturday. It was my father's mother, who I used to spend time with as I was growing up. We never had a great relationship, but that is due to the fact that my Dad was always messing up big time and they were always taking his side and bailing him out. She did get to meet Turner several times in his first year of life. She never met Reese. No one called to tell us the news, until Ryan's grandparents all read the obituaries (why do old people do that?!?) and then Ryan's mom called to tell us tonight. I am in shock. I don't know how to feel and I am sure this blog is not making much sense. I guess I am just processing things and it is going to hit me. I guess I always felt we had more time... isn't that what everyone says though?

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Sorry about your grandma, Brooke. Those things are so complicated to work out in your mind. Hang in there!

HB said...

I'm really sorry. Again, please let me know if there's anything that I can do to help you out!