Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Accomplishing Stuff

This weekend we actually accomplished a lot of stuff. On Friday, Ryan and I finally primed and put the first coat of paint on the walls that were orange in our living room. Our new color is called "wine tasting" and is a dark merlot color. I am in love with it, except after getting 4 coats of paint on the wall plus the primer it is still striped on the big wall. We are hoping that when we put up all the pictures no one will notice. Other than that I am in love with my living room. All that is left is a little touch up and we can call it done. A very big Thank You to my best childhood friend, Suzanne, for coming up and helping paint on Saturday! It was great chatting all day and getting some things done!

While Sue was here on Saturday we also primed all the dark trim in the room that Ryan and I are in. It is actually going to be Reese's room soon. (to make a long story short, the previous owners allowed there 7 year old daughter to have the master bedroom and they put huge murals on the walls, and Ryan and I did not want to deal with it until now.) Then on Monday while the kids were napping, my sister and I painted all the walls in the room. Some of the walls are a pink color called "My fair lady" and the others are a light green called "honeydew". It looks soooo cute! Ryan painted the ceiling white and all that is left is the trim! I will post pics once we get all the rooms finished (we are going to be painting the master a golden color with white trim!) and put the furniture in the right rooms and not all over the house! (our dresser is in the hall upstairs!)

We are doing all this while Reese is really sick. She is having a ton of allergy problems and this morning she woke up with one of her eyes looking like she got punched. Her right eye is really swollen and purple. I took her to the pediatrician today and she is going to live, but mom and dad are stressed because of the allergies and the always worrying about our Angel Reese. She is really congested and has been for about a week, and so we are going to go to another allergy medication, and we are going to have to treat the eye with some medication. He also thinks she has a virus that is related to the RSV virus- Great... just what we need. It takes 2 weeks to completely go away. When asked if it was contagious, he said she would have already spread it around by now. I guess it is a good thing Ryan and I have been a little more obsessed with cleaning. I feel so bad for my kids when they are sick, especially Reesie because she is sooooo miserable. We are hoping she feels a lot better soon. (Thank you Ky for putting up with my terror this morning!)

Other news is Turner had a good time spending the entire weekend with Grammy and Pop while we painted. He came back with some trucks that he is very possessive about now. We shall see how it goes with Jeffrey tomorrow. Monday he lost all of them because he could not share. However they may be distracted because our mattress is in the middle of the floor because we have been sleeping in the living room! We shall see!

0 comments: