Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Becoming Parents

Three years ago today Ryan and I brought Turner home from the hospital! It was the scariest thing ever. Ryan drove sooo slow and I cried the whole way home. I swear the first ride home takes FOREVER and I saw Turner's whole future in front of my face. I sat in the back with him and talked to him through the tears. Ryan was gripping the wheel so tight I thought we were going to have to pry his fingers from the wheel. When we got home we started the challenge of being parents all alone. Thankfully family brought us food for the first week, but we really did get it together pretty quickly!

I will never forget one funny time though. We had just brought him home and he was sleeping. So we did the logical thing and laid him in the crib. Ryan went to lay down for a couple minutes and I was using the bathroom. The monitor was up all the way (new parents... ) right next to Ryan's head. Turner started crying and I could hear him from his room and echoing in the monitor and it NEVER woke Ryan up! It was sooo loud! So as quickly as I could (being that it takes 20 minutes in the bathroom) I got the baby and went in to tell Ryan things were going to change quickly! I was even calling for Ryan to get the baby. Needless to say he is very good about getting the screaming children now and learned quickly that being a parent means your deep sleeping days are interrupted! Here are some cute photos of the first few weeks with Turner!!

First time holding him!



Weighing him after birth!



Sooo cute!



Sooo little in the car seat!



Sleepy!



Snuggling with Daddy



Our little football fan!

1 comments:

thebrose said...

Seeing these pictures of Turner makes me remember how precious and innocent he was. I'll emphasize "was." Turner is fun and awesome but no longer precious and innocent with the way he acts sometimes.