Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Organizing

I am feeling the need for our family to begin organizing our lives a little more. I think that we need to spend a little more time and effort in making our home a place that we want it to be. So last night I went to Walmart and bought a ton more cleaning supplies so that we can start with the basics. I made Ryan sit down and come up with a "chore chart" for us. We have done this several times in the past, but I am determined to make this work this time! It is not like we live in a pigs pen, but I feel that if we do a little each day and make it more of a routine, then the days of big cleanings will be less stressful!

This fall we are going to be doing a lot of changing in the look of the inside of our home. We are going to be painting a lot of the rooms and we are going to be tearing up the carpet in what is Reese's room now. The previous owners put their daughter in the Master bedroom and they were in the next largest one. At first we just left it that way because they put huge murals on the walls of the girls room which is really cute. Looking at the rooms we thought the size difference was not that big, but after we got all the furniture in the rooms we realized that we really do need the bigger room. That, and we are the parents!! I am so excited about all the changes because we are going to be making our beautiful home more ours!

We even have Turner learning to pick up his toys and such after he is done with them. He thinks it is a game still and it is nice to see him participate in the family!

I will post some pictures when we get the projects done! (I know that this post is not that exciting, but I promise future ones will be better!)




0 comments: