Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fun Long Weekend

After a really stressful day last Thursday, I am happy that Ryan had taken off Friday for a super long weekend. Thursday Sadie went in for surgery and what the vets all thought was the issue was not the issue after all. She had a liver biopsy and she was spayed and now we are waiting for the results from the biopsy. Hopefully they will be coming in this week! We are hoping it is going to be good news too! I will keep everyone posted, so I am not going to go through all the options of what it could be. However they did the surgery late in the day and anyone who knows small dogs, knows that they have problems coming out of anesthesia if their temperature drops too low. Well, that is exactly what happened and I had to go and get the dog and take her to the Pet ER. She was there for 12 hours and a huge amount of money later we now have her home. (I got her at 6:30 am on Friday!!)

Also on Thursday, Ryan had to have all the brakes replaced in the Element because he was not thinking and ran them all to basically nothing! So add that bill to the one for the dog and I was clearly and little frustrated with him. I would not have been upset if he would have had them checked all along and they needed to be replaced, but of course he did not and he just figured the AWFUL noise his car was making would go away! I took care of it, and now his car is drivable again!

After getting the dog on Friday morning, we had to take the kids to have blood drawn for their lead tests. The was uneventful, even though they did not like it! They were really good and we were really proud of them. Ryan held them, and after Reese was done she gave him the evil stare down for about an hour! It was hilarious! He kept telling her she was bothering him by doing that, but she was really not happy with him!

Friday night we had Haley, Carl, Chrissy and Brian over for some Wii time and some wine! It was a lot of fun! I look forward to doing it again soon!

Saturday was Jeffrey's 3rd Birthday party. The kids had a good time. Ryan stayed with them. I had baby Ryan too and so I brought him home and Haley and the girls came over and we cooked out. Baby Ryan was tired that he fell asleep while eating dinner! It was a lot of fun, and the kids are still talking about Jeffrey's party!

Sunday we went up to my in laws and cooked out! It was so pretty out and the kids had a blast! We let them run out a lot of their energy and of course they loved seeing their Grammy and Pop!!

Yesterday was the best day of the whole weekend! Ryan, his dad and Turner all went to the Yankee Oriole game for Father's day! They had a blast! Reese, Grammy and I went to the Baltimore Aquarium and then to lunch to the Cheesecake Factory! Reese loved the fish and the frogs at the aquarium! I think a membership may be in our future! Everything is so geared towards the kids! I can't wait to take both kids again soon! She loved the dolphin show too! The Cheesecake factory had amazing food and I loved hanging out with my mil! She is awesome and we are really close! We are looking forward to doing more boy/girl days in the future!

I have pics from this weekend, but I just need to get them off of everyones cameras! I will post them hopefully in the next day or two!

0 comments: