Thursday, May 15, 2008

Friendships

So I have been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I am to have some of the friends that I have. I have been so blessed in the friend department. I have some amazing friends from my past! My best friend from childhood is really happy and living in Baltimore with her girlfriend. She is awesome and I love all the time that we spend together! I look forward to the cookouts this summer ;)
I still talk to my best friend from high school, who is pregnant with her 3rd! She is living with her hubby who is in the Army! They have beautiful children and I am so happy that they are still such a lovely couple! Being in their wedding it is awesome to see them taking life by the reins and really thriving!! I still continue to wish them all the best!!
Then there are my good friends from Gettysburg who made me some of who I am today! Rachel is an amazing friend who has really impacted my life in a positive way. There are times that I feel we are in completely different places in life, yet we are still close. I love her to pieces and I am so happy that she an Matt are happy in love! I hope that through time we are able to keep our friendship close!
Homie is also one of my closest friends from the burg and we are still close too! I love her, she makes me laugh and smile all the time! She has a beautiful little boy and another little one on the way! I know that she is always there and I look am happy to be her friend:)
Greeny is another friend from gburg and even though we were roommates, we have really become closer since leaving! She and her amazing hubby are expecting their first son in July! YAY! I am so happy we have become closer and I know I can talk to her about anything! She is truly and amazing person, and I know she is going to be an amazing mom!
Then there are all the friends who I see regularly and I can't imagine my life without! My mommy group friends are amazing! I have been part of the mom's group since Turner was born and all my friends have little ones around Turner's age and then again around Reese's! I run so much by these women. I don't think I would be nearly as good of a mother as I am today without these women! Each one of them brings something to the group and I love that we are all different! It is awesome to be part of such an amazing group of friends!
My neighbors are incredible! Tracey across the street is so fun and makes me laugh all the time! I used to watch her son Jeffrey on a regular basis while she was teaching, but now that she is home with her second, Cooper, we see them for playtimes! I am thankful for her keeping me sane sometimes! My next door neighbor, Marge and her husband Dave, adopted a little boy from Korea last year! Ryan is 2 months younger than Reese and thinks that Turner is awesome (they are in trouble)! We love having dinner and adult nights with them! They have all welcomed us to the neighborhood so nicely! It is like extended family!
Last, but certainly not least, Haley has become a close friend who I respect as a parent, admire as a professional, and enjoy as a friend! I run so much by her and she always listens and gives good advice. She has really become a good friend, who is in a very similar stage of life as we are. I enjoy spending time with the girls while they are here and Carl is a riot! We are looking forward to having a lot more fun with them (especially with girls nights)!
Sorry about the long post, I just needed to voice how I have been feeling so blessed, and even though I know that some of the friendships are changing and we may not be as close as we once were, I really so appreciate these people in my life. They make me a better person, and in turn a better mom and wife;) Thank you!!

1 comments:

Barb said...

Homie, I love you too. I miss you terribly. Really, really terribly right now. Life was much easier when we were eating ice cream on the couch in Hazlett Hall ...