Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Issue to vent about

I am very disturbed by the fact that the only piece of info I learned on seeing my homepage this morning was that Jamie Lynn Spears was pregnant. I have access to CNN and several other sites on my homepage, and this was the headline for all of them. If you don't know who she is, she is Britney Spear's 16 year old sister. She is also a star on the Disney channel. First of all, this is not something I think the media should be spreading all over. This person is supposed to be a role model for children everywhere who watch her show. Granted most of them identify with her character, not her, but I would not want any child of mine who may idolize her to see in an article going through the grocery store that she is pregnant! (my kids are 2 and under, so they obviously don't know who she is!) Teen pregnancy is not something I want my children thinking is acceptable. Not only does it alter the teens lives, but think of the poor child they bring into the world. I can't imagine having the stability needed to raise my kids in the best possible way when I was sixteen. Then factor in the drama that looms over the Spears family and you are asking for trouble.

The headline under that one was that Lynn Spear's parenting book was suspended for the time being! A parenting book.... come on! Enough said on that one!

Sorry about the rant, I am just bothered by what our media is choosing to display on their headlines!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

I can't agree more, Brooke. I was very upset to see that as well. What is that saying to young girls? Uhh- I am so sick of Britney and now this!