Sunday, December 16, 2007

Fun of December

Today my parents are coming over to celebrate Christmas with us since they are going to NY to see Priscilla's parents on the actual day! We are excited. I think this is the first time that my parents are coming over to celebrate a large chunk of time at our house. I am looking forward to it and I think the kids are going to love what Grandma's got them for Christmas!

I am trying to get over a cold. It has not been to bad, but I hate being sick at the Holidays! I hope that my kids don't get it too! It would stink to have sick kids at Christmas too.

We had put up our Christmas tree last weekend when my friend Rachel was here. It was a lot of fun, listening to Christmas music and hanging out while putting our HUGE tree up. I think that it is as wide as it is tall. It made it two days before we woke up and found it had fallen over because the stand was not substantial enough to hold it up. After a panicked call to our amazing next door neighbors, and shipping the kids over there so we could clean up all the glass, we realized that we only lost one special ornament to us, so all in all it could have been a lot worse. Our neighbor Dave came over and helped Ryan put the tree in a new stand and we attached the top of the tree to the ceiling! The tree is now bare again and we have to figure out a time to redecorate it! I will have to post a photo when we get is all back together! The tree is seriously taking over 1/4 of our living room! Next year I think we are going to have to aim at getting a little smaller tree!

Last weekend we also went ad celebrated Alison and Delaney's second birthday! It was a lot of fun, and my kids love Haley and Carl and the girls! Then we met up with them on Friday at Kenilworth on the girls actual birthday and we had lunch with them, Wendy, Marge and baby Ryan! Turner loved the trains there, and I think Ryan and I are going to take him back again before Christmas so he can see them again!

My sister and Bryan moved into there new town house in PA yesterday! We are very excited for them and we cannot wait to get up there to see it!

We have a busy couple weeks coming up! We hope that everyone has a great holiday and I will try to post photos along the way!

0 comments: